Job title: Showbiz Editor – Mirror Online (12 Month FTC)
Company: Reach PLC
Job description: Do you have a passion for everything Showbiz, want to live and breathe an industry-leading showbiz team while leading and inspiring a dynamic team for a household name like The Mirror? Then this rarely available, highly sought after position is for you.
We are looking for a Showbiz Editor to join us for a 12 month fixed term maternity cover contract to take charge and lead coverage on major breaking news stories across the celebrity world.
If you’re an experienced Showbiz-minded Journalist or Editor, ready to find, write and develop stories that will appeal to our audiences while breaking exclusives to ensure The Mirror stays ahead of its rivals then this is the position for you!
Are you ready for the next step in your career, with The Mirror to produce content for and a company that will ensure that there is always a home for the best and the brightest? Then apply now, we’re reviewing applications as they arrive.
This role is hub based meaning you will need to be in the office the majority of the time and we’re open to applications from candidates based in London.
What will the role involve?
- Leading coverage on major breaking news stories across the celebrity world during weekend shifts
- Finding, writing and developing stories that will appeal to our audience
- Breaking exclusives to ensure Mirror Online stays ahead of our rivals
- Sub-edit and manage copy to ensure it is accurate and attention grabbing
- Help the team plan for the biggest and best events and shows to ensure Mirror Online is a leader on the topic
- Be able to work under pressure and produce content containing the best words, pictures and video
- This position will have some weekend working so a flexible approach is required
The Ideal Candidate
Who are we looking for?
- NCTJ or equivalent journalism degree and knowledge of media law
At least 18 months senior experience at a national or regional title * First rate communication skills, both written and verbal
- A proven love of news and a flair for writing an attention grabbing web-friendly headline
- Excellent web and social media skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working across multiple stories
- Exceptional media law knowledge
- A flexible approach to shift work – this role will involve a variety of shifts
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Job date: Sun, 03 Jul 2022 01:26:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!