Job title: Head Chef / School Catering
Company: AWD online
Job description: Head Chef with good organisation skills and excellent understanding of food hygiene and kitchen health and safety is required for a well-established school trust based in Harrow, North West London.
SALARY: Starting from £18.00 per hour (depending on experience) + Benefits
LOCATION: Harrow, North West London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent (Term Time Only)
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Head Chef with good organisation skills and excellent understanding of food hygiene and kitchen health and safety.
As the Head Chef you will support the kitchen team in preparing all types of food and ensuring accurate and timely completion of all areas of administration associated with the provision of services.
The catering service is all about precise, beautifully designed and nourishing menus. They cater for a healthy vegetarian diet, and provide food that is good for the body, mind and soul. Feel good food that genuinely uplifts you, the catering service currently provide over 4000 meals daily nationwide and support over 9 schools. Their menus are designed by nutritional experts who understand the blend between satisfying children’s tastes and providing them with essential food types for their growth and development.
This is an exciting opportunity for the Head Chef to get involved in an ever-evolving team of food enthusiasts to help spread this delicious and nourishing food far and wide!
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Head Chef will include:
- Operate within a team of permanent, part time and flexible staff in the unit, ensuring that the manufacturing service is successfully delivered consistently to the required standard daily
- Provide menus, maintain food standards and respect the guidelines and principle of the catering service and ensure the food is produced and served with those requirements
- Ensure effective and efficient communications with the teams and other stakeholders/departments
- Be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of all operations and team management
- Kitchen experience
- Understanding of food hygiene and kitchen health and safety
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to work unsupervised in a busy environment
- Ability to work in a group and independently
- Ability to follow strict instructions in a systematic and consistent manner
The organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P9219
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Harrow, North West London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online |
Expected salary: £18 per hour
Location: Harrow, Greater London – North West London
Job date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 05:42:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!